Tony Robbins 6 Basic Human Needs: #2 The Need for Variety or UncertaintyNov 19, 2021
Today, we are going to talk about the core need for Uncertainty/Variety
IF YOUR FIRST NEED IS FOR UNCERTAINTY/VARIETY
I believe that happiness comes from having many different experiences and challenges that exercise my emotional, intellectual or physical range. My emotional well-‐being requires uncertainty, suspense, and surprise. I need the excitement that comes from variety.
How This Belief Serves You
I have many interests. People usually see me as entertaining, dynamic, interesting and fun to be with. I can always find new things to do and new adventures. I have many friends from different backgrounds. I interact well with people of all ages and all walks of life. I am trusting and think the best of people. I’m not easily bored because I can always find something interesting to do. I’m fun loving and carefree. I’m usually upbeat and I like to enjoy life to the fullest.
The Principles You Lost Sight Of
To have balance in life there are times where the priority is stability and responsibility in relationships. Sometimes it’s necessary to focus on subjects and tasks that are not particularly interesting in order to obtain rewards later on. You can’t always trust everyone.
The Consequences of Losing Sight of This Principle
People sometimes feel they can’t count on me, that I am uncommitted, unreliable and don’t take care of my loved ones. I can be involved in too many things at once and neglect what I need to do to make sure that I’m safe and comfortable. I can get myself into dangerous or difficult situations physically, emotionally and financially. Sometimes I can be careless about things that I know are important to me and to others. My trusting, optimistic nature makes it possible for people to take advantage of me. Studying, memorizing and sitting still can be difficult for me and may result in challenges in my career. I can become unfocused.
Positive means to fill this need:
- different forms of exercise
- participating in a club
- going to a spa
- extreme sports
- attending live arts
- spontaneous date nights with your spouse/partner
- learning a new hobby or skill
- watching the news, a quality tv show or movie
Negative means to fill this need:
- deviant sexual behavior
- creating drama/conflict/problems
- violent behavior
- emotional eating
- viewing pornography
- becomes overly excited during crisis
- experimenting with addictive drugs and/or alcohol can lead to addiction
- cigarette smoking
It is crucial to plan Variety in your life.
- How would you answer these questions?
- How do you meet your need for Variety?
- What do you do with your physiology, focus, and language during your variety vs. times when you experience boredom?
- What are the differences in your feelings and behavior between the two?
- Do you have problems, hesitations, or fears that give you emotional uncertainty and prevent you from trying new things?
Take your FREE 6 Core Human Needs Assessment Today!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.